May 14, 2010

It Couldn't be Done

I am always inspired when I read this poem by Edgar Guest, because it reminds me of the freedom to try. It says to me that though the thing ahead of me looks impassable I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. It reminds me that it doesn't matter if I feel I can, or I know I can......if I start I may just finish...and finish well. I may find my life become a dream I thought impossible. All things are Possible with God. I just need to trust Him and walk out into the future He has planned for me, one step at a time.

                                 It Couldn't be Done
Somebody said it couldn't be done, But he with a chuckle replied That "maybe it couldn't" but he wouldn't be one Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.
So he buckled in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled that thing That couldn't be done and he did it.
Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you'll never do that; At least no one ever has done it" But he took off his coat and he took off his hat, And first thing we knew he'd begun it.
With a lift of the his chin and a bit of a grin, Without any doubting or quid it, He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn't be done and he did it.
There are thousand to tell you it cannot be done, There are thousands to prophesy failure; There are thousands to point out to you one by one, The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,Just take off your coat and go to it; Just start in to sing as you tackle that thing That "couldn't be done" and you'll do it.
-Edgar Guest

For further inspiration watch Susan Boyle do just this on episode 1 of Brittian's got talent.
1Co 4:10 Because of Christ we are thought of as fools, but Christ has made you wise. We are weak and hated, but you are powerful and respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment