June 10, 2010

How would you respond???

A friend of ours is battling cancer. Recently she returned to the hospital because the pain the cancer was causing had become unbearable. Once in the hospital the pain subsided but the cancer did not...it grew. After they recieved the bad news from the doctor, Her husband writes this...

"I don't know how I would have responded, if I were her. Without a tear, she said, 'Don't worry, I am not afraid to die. I am a Christian, and I know that if I die I will go to heaven, not because of anything I have done, but because of what Jesus has done for me. And even now, I know that God can heal me, for we have seen God do many miracles, and I am still waiting for my miracle. But if I die, it's okay, I am not afraid.'

John 11:21,22 Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that EVEN NOW God will give you whatever you ask.

How would you respond???

August 2 update. Nicola has gone on to her eternal home as of late July. Look here for a slide show memory of her beautiful life. Nicola's Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment